This policy sets out the basis on which we in the RCC Division of Cumbria, email address firstname.lastname@example.org will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site https://www.rcc-cumbria.org.uk For the purpose of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK Data Protection Act 2018 we are the data controller.
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
Information we may collect about you
From every visit you make to our site, we may automatically collect the following:
- Your first and last name, email and/or postal address, telephone number or other information you provide when you fill out a contact or registration form on the Site
- Your IP address
- Any referring or exit pages taking you to or from our site
- Your login information
- Information we collect when you interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
- To enhance your user experience or help us improve and measure our effectiveness, the Division of Cumbria may embed code from third parties on the site. Examples of such parties may include Facebook, Twitter and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP address, cookies in ways we do not control.
How your information is used
We may use your information to:
- Send you updates and newsletters from time to time.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most optimised and effective
manner for you and for your computer.
- To diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To control unauthorised use or abuse of the Site and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Contact you by email or telephone in relation to any joining or any other enquires where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- To deliver customer service and respond to your inquiries.
- Administer our site including data analysis, testing, traffic monitoring, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
We will NOT use your infomration for marketing purposes, unless specifically requested by you in any enquiry you make.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers (hosted by LCN.com).
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
Copies of some information may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. We may also retain backup information on our servers for some time after cancellation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. We do not always remove or delete all of your information for a number of reasons including due to technical and systems constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means such as firewalls, password-protected databases with limited physical or electronic access, and encryption to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children under 13
This Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 nor does the RCC Division of Cumbria knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we confirm that we have collected personally identifiable information from someone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information promptly. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 and believe that we might have any information from or about such child, please contact us at the email address email@example.com
Third Party sites
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows: –
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
Subject Access Requests
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to have all of the information that we hold about you deleted in line with our statutory and legal responsibilities. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com
Right to Data Portability
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to request a copy of all of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about your privacy or you would like to know more about how your personally identifiable information is collected, or used please contact us. We ask that when you contact us with a complaint, please include contact information and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and will let you know next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the data protection authorities to lodge a complaint.
Notices and Revisions